Fairlight Forum
f.a.o. New Forum Members (17 Nov 2013)

Hi and welcome to the Fairlight Forum.
Please note that your initial post to the forum may not appear immediately as I've set up the system to require the first post from each user to be approved by me. I know it's a bit annoying but it's just to protect us from random people signing up and then filling our forum with 'junk' or worse...
I will approve your first post as soon as I can.

Topic-icon Getting higher Broadband speeds in Fairlight

2 years 11 months ago #190

Sorry if I unduly raised expectations. I just got this response from the broadband project manager at East Sussex CC :

"I am so sorry to disappoint you but, no, the Openreach work currently taking place in your area is not connected with our project. We won’t be starting any work on site until 2014 on the Guestling exchange – at the moment the only work taking place is in our first phase area (Heathfield and environs)."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #183

I just checked the latest rollout plans from E Sussex and they have the Guestling exchange customers (thats us) on the plan for 2014. since it takes at least six months to do the work I wouldn't expect much before 2015 but at least there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

I saw a BT Openreach team on Battery Hill today - couldn't miss them since they had erected temporary traffic lights - and they had a huge drum of cable on the back of their tranporter - could this be early progress ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bill_or
  • bill_or's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
3 years 7 months ago #113

If you haven't already registered your interest in getting a faster broadband connection then please will you?
The latest newsletter from Go e-sussex can be found here and there's a link from that page to register. There's no commitment but the more people who register their interest then the better our chances of seeing some improvement.

Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by bill_or.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seawards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Forthcoming Fairlight Events

Sat Oct 22, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Table Top Sale
Tue Nov 1, 2:15 PM - Tuesday Ladies Club - Members Outing
Tue Nov 1, 7:00 PM - Parish Council Meeting
Fri Nov 4, 7:30 PM - Race Night!
Thu Nov 10, 7:30 PM - The Ghost Train - Fairlight Players
Sat Nov 12, 2:30 PM - The Ghost Train - Fairlight Players
Mon Nov 14, 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM Fairlight Wine & Social Club
Tue Nov 15, 2:15 PM - Tuesday Ladies Club - Laton Frewen, Gunpowder Plot
Fri Nov 18, 10:30 AM - 2:00 PM Fairlight Hall Lunch & Lecture - Christmas flowers and wreath making

Search Site