Fairlight Forum
×
f.a.o. New Forum Members (17 Nov 2013)

Hi and welcome to the Fairlight Forum.
Please note that your initial post to the forum may not appear immediately as I've set up the system to require the first post from each user to be approved by me. I know it's a bit annoying but it's just to protect us from random people signing up and then filling our forum with 'junk' or worse...
I will approve your first post as soon as I can.
Thanks,
Bill

Topic-icon Water Quality

3 years 9 months ago #110 by Jazzyjoan

Thanks Bill and no it's nothing to do with my shampoo or conditioner. It only happens occasionally but it is odd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bill_or
  • bill_or's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
3 years 9 months ago #109 by bill_or

Jazzyjoan,
I don't know the answer but try contacting Souther Water to ask. The lady who responded to my enquiry was very helpful. Her name is Rosie and her phone number is 01903 272487. Note that she works between 10am and 4pm.
Bill
P.S. I assume it's nothing to do with the shampoo/conditioner you are using!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #108 by Jazzyjoan

I would like to know why the water in my shower when it dries sometimes pinky/red. Anybody know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bill_or
  • bill_or's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #71 by bill_or

Just to complete the story, I received a telephone call yesterday afternoon from Rosie, a very pleasant lady at Southern Water. She explained that the cause of the problem was likely to be the pressure from the pump being too high. SW have now fitted a pressure monitor to keep an eye on the matter. Any further problems and I just have to call Rosie.
She also assured me that the problems I had been experiencing were not harmful and I just need to leave the water to stand for a short period in order to let the comprssed air in the water escape.
Bill

Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by bill_or.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seawards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bill_or
  • bill_or's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
3 years 10 months ago #63 by bill_or

It's now a couple of days since I posted this message. I had also written to Southern Water earlier in the week to highlight the water quality problem. I haven't received a reply to that complaint but the problem does appear to have been corrected!
Our water is now just as clear as it used to be before the pump problems on Battery Hill.
Result!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bill_or
  • bill_or's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
3 years 10 months ago #61 by bill_or

Is it just me or is there a problem with drinking water quality at present?
We have had poor quality water since the water pump problems on Battery Hill a couple of weeks ago. The water comes out of the tap looking cloudy with gas bubbles. It clears if the water is left standing for a few minutes but the water has a slight 'earthy' taste.
Is anyone else having the same problem? I reported it to Southern water a few days ago but no response from them as yet.
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds