Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Getting higher Broadband speeds in Fairlight

Getting higher Broadband speeds in Fairlight 1 year 1 month ago #190

• chrisL
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Sorry if I unduly raised expectations. I just got this response from the broadband project manager at East Sussex CC :

"I am so sorry to disappoint you but, no, the Openreach work currently taking place in your area is not connected with our project. We won’t be starting any work on site until 2014 on the Guestling exchange – at the moment the only work taking place is in our first phase area (Heathfield and environs)."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Getting higher Broadband speeds in Fairlight 1 year 1 month ago #183

• chrisL
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I just checked the latest rollout plans from E Sussex and they have the Guestling exchange customers (thats us) on the plan for 2014. since it takes at least six months to do the work I wouldn't expect much before 2015 but at least there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

I saw a BT Openreach team on Battery Hill today - couldn't miss them since they had erected temporary traffic lights - and they had a huge drum of cable on the back of their tranporter - could this be early progress ?

Chris

Getting higher Broadband speeds in Fairlight 1 year 8 months ago #113

• bill_or
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
If you haven't already registered your interest in getting a faster broadband connection then please will you?
The latest newsletter from Go e-sussex can be found here and there's a link from that page to register. There's no commitment but the more people who register their interest then the better our chances of seeing some improvement.
Thanks,
Bill
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by bill_or.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seawards
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Search Site

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information